The Quick Scoop on Recordings
There are three types of recordings:
1) "Non-Event" Impromptu Recordings
2) Scheduled Event Recordings, and
3) Scheduled Event Backup Recordings.
Non-Event and Event recordings are created by manually clicking the Start Recording button. Non-event recordings are only available for download and expire after 30 days. Event Recordings are instantly available to you and/or your audience within seconds of the end of your call on the event URL and never expire. Backup recordings are made automatically for scheduled events, even if you forget to click the Start Recording button. See this FAQ for more information about backup recordings.
For unscheduled conference calls, navigate to the Phone Control tab, then click on Non-Event-Recordings, and click "Start Recording:"
For your scheduled events, first access the** Control Panel** for your event by clicking on the link from the My Events page:
If You Are Showing Slides
If you are showing slides, we recommend showing your first slide BEFORE starting the recording so live guests will be able to see a slide when they arrive and the replay will have a slide showing when it starts. ** If you are not showing slides, skip this step. **
Navigate to the Recordings Menu and click Start Recording:
- You must be dialed in to the conference line as a host to make a recording.
- The recordings you make for scheduled events are instantly available on your replay page within seconds of the end of your event.
- An automatic backup recording is made for every event you schedule from your My Events page whether or not you click the "Start Recording" button.
- You can change or edit the recordings that appear on your replay page from the Event Management > Recordings area
- If you have a long call, break it into smaller recording clips by stopping the recording and then re-starting. You might try 30-minute or even 15-minute clips.
- Event recordings (Replays) will be available from inside your account and our public event pages as long as your account with us remains active. However, Non-event recordings and Backup recordings are only accessible from inside your account and expire after 30 days.
- To use a computer microphone to make a recording, the best option is to use our web call feature. See Web call instructions here.